I’ve done a few rounds of 100 Days of Code in the past, but never really made it past 2 weeks. Part of the reason for that failure is the weekend portion - I don’t like to computer on the weekend since I computer very hard during the week.

I decided it would be a really good use of my time to work on my Indoor Air Quality platform as a part of my attempt at 100 Days of Code. It’s the next step for me in my career, so I need a way to force my effort.

There are two parts to making my IAQ platform successful, the sensors themselves, and the backend system.

Previous Days

  • Day 1 - Getting the infrastructure setup for development
  • Day 2 - Getting basic data out of Temp/Hum sensor, figuring out scope for others
  • Day 3 - Publish data to InfluxDB
  • Day 4 - Handled some errors in the publisher, got CouchDB up adn running
  • Day 5 - Slack bot alerts!
  • Day 6 - Health Checks babay!

Day 7

Today, I didn’t work on my project, but worked on one for someone else. A friend of mine gave me a task, something that I probably didn’t need to work on, but he asked, so I worked on it. I started putting together an Ansible playbook to deploy a Filecoin Daemon using Lotus. It wasn’t terribly difficult to put together the initial pieces, but I’m still working on getting the acutal “get it into production” part of it complete. I know, nearly nothing about the Filecoin and $COIN space, so I’m still piecing together how this thing should come together.

Anyways, it was a fairly easy task, but I wrote code, so damnit, it counts.

For those asking, you can find my terribly not idempotent, 45 minutes worth of effort, Ansible playbook here.